Continuing . . . You have to walk and chew gum on this project.

 I'm confirming something that I thought I already knew--this project is really a whole bunch of projects. I haven't started all of them, yet, but in order to proceed you have to keep several things in mind as you do something else--wiring, plumbing, interior features, even though you are working on the exterior, etc., etc.

The last time I posted, I was still in the take it apart mode. Some of my buddies made jokes about my "drive-through" camper or about "plenty of ventilation.


Over the past few days, I've eliminated the rot from the front end, installed new paneling and framing on the front and the front part of wall on the right in the above picture. Along the way, I've figured out some wiring, and, during a rain break began (just a beginning) refinishing the cabinets. It's nice to be at least somewhat into rebuilding. Though, there is still a lot of rip-it-out in front of me.


 
I'll cut the paneling that is covering the window holes, later, when I get ready to put them back in. You can be sure they won't be installed with clutch-head screws.

There will be some serious refinishing, but I believe we can save the ceiling. I'm hoping I'll have time to strip the aluminum skin and paint it before I put it back on. If not the Frolic with no name (we are going to the desert), may be the equivalent of a rat rod for a while.
It's not ready for the road, yet, but it's coming.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We camped in Frolic for the first time. It's officially done.

Big Trip #9, Utah, Arizona, & New Mexico

Moving forward, slowly, on three fronts: