Putting some stuff together, at least for a while:

 


I got 2 pieces of metal temporarily installed, along with the running lights for the upper rear. I went with LEDs. Their bright and they last a long time. The 2 taillights and license plate light will go on later. They are also LEDs. This was a satisfying step.

We've had some wet weather here in the Alleghany Highlands, so I've spent most of my time, lately, doing things I could do inside the shop--refinishing cabinet doors and doing some patching on a couple of pieces of metal. Right now, Saturday morning, the sun is shining so I'm hoping to be outside later on, after a honey-do trip. Life goes on. :)

I've been accumulating new parts:
  • 7-pin wiring harness for trailer end.
  • The new refrigerator, LP, 110v, & 12v. came in. I plugged it in in the garage and it seems to work fine.
  • I have all the exterior lights on hand.
  • I bought the elastomeric coating for the steel part of the roof the other day while on a trip to Lowe's.
  • I've got the 30 amp. entrance plug. The automotive-type blade fuse-block is on the way.
  • The water inlets, both "city water", and gravity fill for the water tank are ordered.
  • The old tank was heavy, rusty, and leaky. In spite of the fact that other than that it is fine, I ordered a new one.
  • I have some 12 v. LED bulbs to replace the incandescents on a couple of the interior lights. I'll also use LEDs for the 110v lights.
  • I have 2 new LP tanks--a Father's Day gift from my boys. 

The original cooktop appears to be fine. I'm planning to keep a couple of the original light fixtures. I've identified some LEDs that will replace others.

Decisions to be made and stuff to still obtain.
  • I'm still cogitating about the arrangement of the dining area and the bed. 
    The stock option is to make them the same area (In a trailer this size, there aren't a lot of areas.) That means switching from one function to another every morning and night. This is what I had been planning to do.
    A new option occurred to me. 
    My overall plan is to make this a 2-person camper. With that in mind, I might just make the area in the front of the camper the bed. And then make a smaller dining area (2-seat) along the side opposite from the kitchen & bathroom. That way we won't have to tear down & setup the bed every morning and night. Kathy likes the idea. I have to measure and figure some more.
  • I have to get various plumbing parts.
  • I have to get a water proof covering for the bathroom interior, which is becoming a wet-bath (shower and toilet in the same space). Don't think about that too much.
I figure both the viewpoint of what this little camper and the tow vehicle are capable of, that we won't be able to stay too long out of reach of a hook-up. (Kathy has some opinions on this as well.) I am, however, trying to build the unit so we can "dry camp" for a night or two. We should have lights, ability to cook, and water (hopefully, even hot water) for limited periods. We'll see.

Some other pictures of progress, slow though it is:





Another piece of siding in process. This one will be painted International Harvestor Red, in honor of my dad. He tried to farm for a while after the war. He had a Farmal tractor.
The gift from the boys.
A couple of before and after pictures of some metal trim that covers the corners where the side walls meet the rear, roof, and front.

As I have said in previous posts, most of what I am doing in this project involves more persitance than anything else. I believe that if I conscientiously persevere, I'll end up with a pretty good product.
That sounds a lot like life, doesn't it? 
What does it take to soar like and eagle and walk and run with Divine energy? Waiting/trusting/hoping (look the word up), Isaiah 40:28-31.
Check out what Romans 5:3, Acts 14:22, and 2 Thessalonians 1:4 have to say. These are representative of many statements.
Whether "The Frolic," "Nebo," or "Merrell's Folly" whatever it gets named ever hits the road or not is not really all that important. Life on the other had is of supreme importance. Aim yourself in the right direction and keep on keeping on. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We camped in Frolic for the first time. It's officially done.

Big Trip #9, Utah, Arizona, & New Mexico

Moving forward, slowly, on three fronts: