Paint removal is tedious:

 I've had some interruptions on the project. I've helped Kathy a bit on getting our decks repainted, and some yardwork was crying out to be done.

My main, almost exclusive focus has been stripping old paint off the trailer's skin and putting new paint on. I think not counting the roof and a couple of tiny pieces there 16 pieces of aluminum siding that make up the Frolic's skin. The aluminum siding has the factory white or bronze on it, plus, as near as I can tell, one or two coats of latex house paint. Getting it off is tedious. I have the 2 pieces on the back of the trailer ready to put back on the trailer. I didn't take a picture of them, but will as soon as I get them back on. I also have 3 other pieces nearly ready for paint.

Since I last put up a progress report, I also did the last of the frame repair, got the back bumper ready for a coat f gloss black, and repaired one of the wheel wells. I have about a 1/3 of the roofing goop scraped off the roof.

Like life, most of what I've been doing recently is mundane, even boring. It's what you need to do to get to the part that's really exciting.




Thanks for the encouraging words. I hope to be back "on the job" Monday.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We camped in Frolic for the first time. It's officially done.

Big Trip #9, Utah, Arizona, & New Mexico

Moving forward, slowly, on three fronts: