It's been a while.

 Wasn't there some sage who said something like, "Life is what happens while you're waiting to do what you want to/need to do"? If that thought has never been saged, it should have been. My life has been full of travels, work on the yard and house, etc. Plus, the stuff I have done on the camper hasn't been very photogenic. Oh, did I mention, it's rained a lot lately?

Since it was raining I started working on a couple of windows. I could do that inside the shop. The windows on the Frolic are different than the ones I see described on the vintage camper sites. Their kinda/sorta, but not quite like the older, more vintage, units. My windows are 2 panes each, with aluminum framing on all 4 edges of each pane. The more "classic" jalousie


windows have several narrow pains, with no horizontal framing. Mine seem to work OK, they are cleaning up acceptably, and, for me, they are cheap, as in FREE. Though getting them cleaned up is a time-consuming process--wire wheels on drills, wire brushes, coarse and fine steel wool, and a lot of elbow grease. 50+ years leaves a lot of oxidation on the surface. I can identify with that.

Anyhow getting the two windows for the front done, allowed me to get everything sealed and screwed down on that end. I thought the occasion was worth a picture, so I did a quick wash. The record is below.



I've also gotten some more wiring done, and rebuilt the upper kitchen cabinet. It contains the fuse box, so I needed to get it done in order to get the wires in the right place. There is 110v wiring for when we're plugged in at a campground. There's also 12 volt for some lights, water pump, and a few other things. That system is powered by a deep cell battery. Then there are the running lights, just like on any trailer. I haven't started running the new gas (propane) lines yet. I have to get those roughed in before I get much farther. 



Life gets in the way, but you have to keep moving in the right direction. If you do, eventually you have something to show for it. The Frolic from Mt. Nebo won't reach silk purse status, but it's becoming a much better looking sow's ear.
Thanks for your interest.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We camped in Frolic for the first time. It's officially done.

Big Trip #9, Utah, Arizona, & New Mexico

Moving forward, slowly, on three fronts: