Siding Is On.

 I kept the original siding (skin) that was on the Frolic. I invested a lot of time stripping, sanding, and painting. As I said in a previous post, it still has some marks of character. I put the last pieces of siding back on today. It's really a pretty straightforward process, but this side of the trailer has a lot of new stuff on it, things that weren't there when I took the skin off. The little refrigerator requires two vents. I replaced the old electric receptacle (the place where you attach a big extension cord to the power outlet provided at many campgrounds) with a modern 30 amp. receptacle. Of course, it isn't the same size and shape as the old one. I installed a nifty inlet for the freshwater. It has both a pressurized inlet that lets you hook a hose to the campsite spigot and a gravity feed for filling the freshwater tank. It's all behind a door that can be locked if I choose. Since it is a good bit bigger than the single hook-up that was there, I had to modify the framing a bit. Since, as I said, I reused the old skin, I had to get my cuts right. No spare material.

I don't have the corner trim cleaned up and installed, yet, so I still need to cover that seam to keep the rain out. The predicted precip. started as I was finishing up.

It was a dark & dreary day, so I didn't take any pictures. I will, though.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We camped in Frolic for the first time. It's officially done.

Big Trip #9, Utah, Arizona, & New Mexico

Moving forward, slowly, on three fronts: