A nice looking wheel well, if I say so myself.

 



While I've been busy with a bunch of other things--getting the garden spot fenced in and ready to plant, doing some household chores, and taking advantage of some ministry opportunities, I haven't quit on the Frolic project. I promise I'll do a post with a bunch of pictures and/or a video before too long, but I have been making some progress. 
I accomplished a very nasty and unpleasant task. I had scaled and painted the roadside wheel well some time ago. Over the past week or so, I got serious and crawled under the trailer and went over all the metal--frame, axle, and the other wheel well with a wire brush on my side-grinder, then gave everything that hadn't been painted a new coat of paint. I got the new brake mounted on the curbside spindle and bolted on the new--not obsolete--wheel. Along the way I routed new wiring--in new plastic conduit--and did some other repair and patching. I shined up the old wheel well trim and installed it on the curbside. I'm much better satisfied with the way I did this as compared to the "shoot a few staples at it" job the Frolic folk had done. I'm hoping to get started on the other side this evening.

I think I also came up with a plan that will work for installing the new, small (10 gal.) gray-water tank. It is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

I had a doctor's appointment in Roanoke this morning. While down there we got the bulk of the material for lining the wet bath.

Like just about everyone who does one of these projects says, "It's taking way longer than I thought it would," but I'm beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We camped in Frolic for the first time. It's officially done.

Big Trip #9, Utah, Arizona, & New Mexico

The world's tiniest bathroom: