I am pretty sure it'll get done.

 I'm not going to spend a lot of time on this, but I do want to share some more progress.

I've got the two doors made, one for the bathroom, acrylic on the inside and painted paneling on the outside, and the closet door. It incorporates the original equipment mirror on the outside. They are being painted before installation, though I have already done a trial fitting. I think they'll be OK.

The little closet is painted

I got the on-demand, propane water heater installed. I was able to show it off when Kathy came home from an exercise group she's a part of. It appears to work great. 

I mounted the hose bib that is the drain for the gray water tank

I have found numerous times, sometimes concerning matters that are much more important than an old camper, that long projects tend to follow a common path. Often at the beginning, or sometimes after you've been at it for a while--that's how this project has been--the job seems insurmountable, "I'll never get done." If you continue, though--not haphazardly or slothfully--you will likely come to a place where you say, "I think I'm going to make it."

I think I'm going to make it.


Here is the gray water tank, toward the bottom of the picture. (I'm lying down looking under the trailer), and the drain. The pipe to the left of the hose bib is the breather for the tank.

Note the recycled church sign I used to patch places I had to open for access. It's a Biblical trailer!







While I was under Frolic, I figured I'd take a picture of my upgraded wire routing.  


Finally, here is the piece de resistance. 
Kathy wanted a shower in the camper. Before I had even bought Frolic, she made that plain. She also reminded me that where we are headed on our big trip it will be cold. Actually, this unit works better than I hoped. If you turn the flame control all the way up, the water is too hot.
I checked the joints and there were no bubbles on the gas line (you spray the connections points with soapy water to check), and there were no leaks in the water line. I'll check a bit more, but I didn't see any leaks in the drain lines. 
You can't put much plumbing into a 15-ft. trailer, but what is there proved to be like all plumbing. It was an aggrevation. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We camped in Frolic for the first time. It's officially done.

Big Trip #9, Utah, Arizona, & New Mexico

Moving forward, slowly, on three fronts: