The world's tiniest bathroom:

 I've promised pictures for a while now. I have some, but they aren't very good.

I've been working on the little--did I mention it is small--bathroom. Back at the beginning of my work on the Frolic, I bought a 32x24 shower pan. The plan was to make a little wet bath. It may be little but it was a lot of work. The back wall curves up and becomes the ceiling. The outside wall has a small window. That'll provide ventilation. The wall toward the front of the camper is the only one without curves. On the other side of that wall is a 10-inch wide closet. The wall that divides the wet bath from the main part of the camper is mostly the door. I'll build that next. 

There will be a small demand water heater on the closet wall. I've checked. As long as my knees don't get much stiffer, I fit. :)


Everything in the little room is white, so it doesn't photograph very well. 
You can see the drain on the right. There is no room for a black tank, so we'll use a porta-potti. It has a 5-gallon capacity. The old broken black tank I pulled out couldn't have been much bigger than that. (The Frolic had a small black water tank where the shower pan is now. It had a porcelain toilet right about where the yellow end to the extension cord is. It's available.) There is a 10-gallon gray water tank I put in. In the era in which Frolic was built, it was common for trailers to have no gray water tank. It was just dumped on the ground. You can't do that anymore. The new gray tank is roughly under where I'm standing. The porta-potti will sit about where the extension cord is coiled up. The white pex tubing, angling up on the right,  is the water line that will feed the water heater.


In this picture you can see the kitchen area on the right. The opening to the left of the sink is the closet. It'll have a mirror on the door. The mirror is original with the Frolic. I'm just incorporating it as one side of a door. When you open the door 90-degrees, you can use the sink and the mirror. The next opening is the wet bath. The door will open out toward the window in the rear of the trailer.





The kitchen and wet bath are on the "streetside" of the trailer. The little 2-person dinette is on the curbside. The black thing on the wall behind the far seat is a 12v outlet for charging phones, etc.
 



The front end of the trailer is where the bed/dinette used to be. The entrance door is on the right. Kathy is gathering material for cushions and curtains. Right now the set-up is in a sitting area arrangement. The seat on the right will be mirrored on the left. The white piece between the two seats will pull toward the rear. When that piece is even with the door it is what we are calling the "day bed." It will pull out 6-inches further and the area right next to the door also extends 6-inches toward where you are, for nighttime. I worked hard for those extra 6-inches.  The pile of stuff is tools, fittings for hooking up the water heater, and etc.

Go figure. Kathy says it is my trailer so she is using red for the seat covers, curtains, and a runner in the floor. She saw a rug that looked like $100 bills strewn on the floor. That's probably appropriate, but she decided on a red and white stripe instead.

The red on the outside is International Harvester Red. I. H. made Farmall tractors. My dad had a Farmall for the short time he farmed after the war. The oak, cherry, & walnut wood in the tabletop and countertops was harvested by Kathy's dad. We'll use a quilt that my mom made and gave me on the bed. 

Like a lot of RVs, Frolic was made in Elkhart Indiana. My sisters live there. My brother lived and pastored there. My mom was living in Elkhart when she died.

Frolic was made in 1968, the same year I graduated from high school. We'll stop in Elkhart early on our big trip. We (Kathy, me, and Frolic) the day after our 50th Anniversary. 

Though it is tiny, the Frolic has capacity to dry camp for short periods. The refrigerator, stovetop, and water heater operate on propane. The lights & water pump will work with the battery. We have a 10-gallon fresh water tank (we'll carry drinking water), and a ten-gallon gray water tank. the toilet has its own flushing water & holds what is flushed. The wide-screen TV is on the side of somebody else's RV. :) If we watch TV it'll be on an iPad. We do have a sound system to play radio and music via bluetooth.

Stay tuned.



I went out to lock up after dark. I took a few more pictures. I think they turned out better.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We camped in Frolic for the first time. It's officially done.

Big Trip #9, Utah, Arizona, & New Mexico